By Simson Garfinkel, Gene Spafford
Publish yr note: First released 1997
Since the 1st variation of this vintage reference used to be released, world-wide-web use has exploded and e-commerce has turn into a regular a part of company and private lifestyles. As net use has grown, so have the threats to our defense and privacy—from bank card fraud to regimen invasions of privateness through sellers to website defacements to assaults that close down renowned websites.
Web defense, privateness & Commerce is going at the back of the headlines, examines the foremost safety dangers dealing with us at the present time, and explains how we will reduce them. It describes dangers for home windows and Unix, Microsoft net Explorer and Netscape Navigator, and quite a lot of present courses and items.
In tremendous aspect, the publication covers:
• Web technology —The technological underpinnings of the fashionable net and the cryptographic foundations of e-commerce are mentioned, in addition to SSL (the safe Sockets Layer), the importance of the PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), and electronic id, together with passwords, electronic signatures, and biometrics.
• Web server security —Administrators and repair prone become aware of the right way to safe their platforms and internet prone. subject matters comprise CGI, personal home page, SSL certificate, legislation enforcement matters, and more.
• Web content material security —Zero in on internet publishing matters for content material services, together with highbrow estate, copyright and trademark matters, P3P and privateness guidelines, electronic funds, client-side electronic signatures, code signing, pornography filtering and photographs, and different controls on internet content.
Nearly double the dimensions of the 1st version, this thoroughly up to date quantity is destined to be the definitive reference on internet defense dangers and the innovations and applied sciences you should use to guard your privateness, your company, your approach, and your community.
Read or Download Web Security, Privacy & Commerce (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar security books
A reliable approach administrator is aware Linux server is a excessive functionality method for routing quite a lot of details via a community connection. establishing and keeping a Linux server calls for realizing the fine details of the Linux working procedure and its helping forged of utilities in addition to many layers of purposes software program.
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the tenth foreign convention on belief and privateness in electronic enterprise, TrustBus 2013, held in Prague, Czech Republic, in August 2013 along with DEXA 2013. The sixteen revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from various submissions.
Throughout East Asia, intra-regional migration is extra known than inter-regional routine, and the region’s different histories, geopolitics, financial improvement, ethnic groups, and normal environments make it a very good case examine for analyzing the connection among abnormal migration and human protection.
Taking its departure within the idea of strategic tradition, this ebook solutions the query of why ecu international locations come to a decision both to take part or no longer in overseas army operations. This quantity examines strategic tradition and its relation to justifications of choices made by means of France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland and the uk, with reference to 4 diverse operations: Operation Enduring Freedom/ISAF in Afghanistan, Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq, Operation Unified Protector in Libya, and european Navfor/Atalanta open air Somalia.
- Placing the Suspect Behind the Keyboard: Using Digital Forensics and Investigative Techniques to Identify Cybercrime Suspects
- Insurgency and Counterinsurgency in Iraq (Occasional Paper)
- Improbable Dangers: U.S. Conceptions of Threat in the Cold War and After
- Information Security and Privacy: 19th Australasian Conference, ACISP 2014, Wollongong, NSW, Australia, July 7-9, 2014. Proceedings
- Security for Small Computer Systems. A Practical Guide for Users
- The Evolution of the Islamic State
Additional info for Web Security, Privacy & Commerce (2nd Edition)
A few days later, the embarrassed vendor would distribute an update. It all made for good newscopy, but in fact only a small percentage of computer users actually downloaded the fixes; most users remain vulnerable. Nevertheless, few losses to date are attributable to any browser flaw. Over that same period, millions of computer users suffered billions of dollars in losses from real attacks experienced over the Internet. Most of the damages were caused by fast-moving computer viruses and worms that traveled by email, or that involved automated exploitation of flaws in network service programs.
Special thanks are due to Michael Baum, David Brownell, Carl Ellison, Barbara Fox, Lamont Granquist, Eric Greenberg, John Guinasso, Peter Neumann, Marshall Rose, Lincoln Stein, Ilane Marie Walberg, Dan Wallach, and David Waitzman. Special thanks to Kevin Dowd, who provided information on Windows NT host security, to Bradford Biddle, who gave us permission to include digital signature policy information, and to Bert-Jaap Koops, who let us use his table on export restrictions. xxviii | Preface This is the Title of the Book, eMatter Edition Copyright © 2011 O’Reilly & Associates, Inc.
These addresses are the key to making the packet-switched network operate properly. You can think of a packet as a postcard, because each packet contains a little bit of information as well as the address of its intended destination and the address of the computer that sent the packet (also called the source address). * * This metaphor dates back to Dr. Vint Cerf who is widely credited with being one of the Internet’s founders. History and Terminology | This is the Title of the Book, eMatter Edition Copyright © 2011 O’Reilly & Associates, Inc.